While Maybelline Collossal was more sort of teenage-y girly shirly with pop of yellow , Lakme eyeconic was definitely much grown up ! Sleek black with turquoise at the right places.. definitely appealing ! Our very own ..much Indian., Lakme came out with answer to Maybelline NewYork ..
Ladies .... *drum rolls please*...
What Lakme Eyeconic kajal claims :
Price : 199 INR for 0.35 gms
What I Like about Lakme Eyeconic Kajal :
- Retractable twist up packaging, smexy looks..can easily fit in your purse
- Soft and glides well on lids and lashlines without tugging
- Pigmentation is good. I felt that its not jet black in one swipe, instead it has got some cool undertones.You need 2-3 swipes for a very black line
- Did not irritate my eyes
- Water proof
- Does not smudge at all (for a good 6-7 hours). However there can be a little fading from waterlines
What I did not Like about Lakme Eyeconic Kajal :
- Not jet black in one swipe.
- Not easily removed.You absolutely need a makeup remover for that.(I am using Lakme 9 to5 biphasic one..it works well )
- You need to be a ninja, to smudge this.. it sets on super quick..(not that I am complaining!)
My Rating : 4.5/5
Which is Better ? Lakme Eyeconic Vs Maybelline Collossal !
- Texture : Both Maybelline Collossal and Lakme Eyeconic are soft and glide easily on lids.. but I feel Lakme Eyeconic is a wee bit more soft
- Packaging : Both come as retractable twist up pencils.
- Consistency : Both same
- Price : Lakme Eyeconic is bit highly priced at 199INR Collossal is 150 INR
- Smudge : Lakme Eyeconic is more smudge free than Collossal. Lasting power of collossal is about 6 hours, where as Lakme Eyeconic lasts well for 8hours
- Waterproof : Lakme eyconic again was more water proof than Maybelline Collossal. I splashed water on my face and maybelline faded slightly and bit quicker than Lakme. On my water lines too the staying power of Lakme eyeconic is more than collossal (approx 4 -5 hrs)
- Jet Black color : Maybelline wins !hands down. In one swipe it gives deep rich black color. Lakme eyeconic as I have mentioned is a bit more blue-ish
- Removal : Lakme eyeconic needs more patience to get completely removed
- Safety : Both kajal did not irritate my eye
Final Verdict : Lakme Eyeconic is a good kajal if you are on a budget, but not blackest of all. But being a little more long staying this wins. Maybelline collossal is however a real "eye-conic" product.. no complains either !