Well ya , Its been a pretty long time I have wrote anything for in this section ..
Here's what's going on now ..
1. Engagement/Sagai date is fixed. The occassion in Bengali is called "Patipatra"(fyi)
2. Venue : Booked (they will provide the catering and decorations)
Close friends and family have been told to red-circle the date
4. Lehenga :
After evaluating lods of Pros and Cons of a lehenga vs Saree, I have decided to go with the lehenga for Engagement . Now, I have a really tight budget of 10K .And sadly nowhere I could find anything below 20K.
Hence, I will go for a DIY . I have PLAN A ,B and C for this *grins*
I recently came across my best friend's cousin and she is a NIFD grad ! (yeah I know that's a steal deal :D ) I have already shared my ideas with her and we plan to sit together and decide on the fabric and other details for final probably next week. This is obv the Big Plan A.
Now, if this fails I will go for Plan B and scout few more boutiques
Failure ? Enter Plan C - Buy fabric -- scout for a tailor--get it stiched.
If you know a tailor (who can stich a proper lehenga without much fuss, in Kolkata.. do share in the comments below) Heard Das n co. of College street does a good work!
5. Jewelry :
Planning to keep it simple and chic with a pretty diamond set . The neckpiece has got some sleek floral pattern.It came with the earpiece.And a bangle too ! Bought all of them from P.C.Chandra Jewelers ,Bhowanipore,Kolkata
Rings and wristlet are from previous buys.
When it comes to Shopping affordable Diamond jewelry in Kolkata I recommend you to visit P.C.Chandra and Nakshatra(South City). They have got lightweight and easy going pieces.
TBZ has recently opened in Camac Street..but didn't get a chance to visit..will do later
6. MakeUp :
Will book Nabin Das ( a pro MUA ) next week when I visit Kolkata. He charges 8K for Hair,MakeUp and Draping.
I had talked to some more MUA's .. will do another post on it
No idea who tops this list in Kolkata but I think those guys in Rashbehari avenue,Gariahat (near BasantiDevi College) will do a good job ! Have to talk with them ! Scared about what goes into those mehendi though !
This is where I am lagging Big Time ! Since it will be a day occasion and just for 4-6 hrs max..I don't wanna shell out much on "candid" photographers. You have any suggestion? Help me out !
8. Shoes and other accessory :
Oh damn !I had totally forgotten about it! I definitely need a new pair..may be jutis/kohlapuris will go well with lehenga ! I am a big mess with heels (even an inch of it scares me :X )
So, next week I have so much stuff to do in only 4days !! :( Prior to the engagement (which is in april.. i won't get any more leave )
- APPLY FOR LEAVE ( I haven't done it yet ! God knows if I will ever be granted one !! :goosebumps: )
- Meet my Thesis guide and submit biopsy sample to pathologist !( Sry, I am jotting this down everywhere as a reminder.)
- Meet this best friend's NIFD grad cousin :D Take best friends along !(God what are marriages without friends and sisters) Finalise on design , fabric et al
- Meet MUA Nabin Das and pay advance for booking
- Search for decent photographers
- Search for Mehendi artist
- If time permits, search/shop for fiance's outfit...
Oh my Gawdddd ! It's Monday already.. have a presentation tomorrow ..gotta hit the sack now ! Gn lovelies !