"White" "Glow" .. err.. this naming of the product was enough to turn me off ! Even if I persuaded myself that "Glow" is a good thing and am going to look like a radiant million bucks ! , that "Skin Whitening" tag poofed my shiny dreams away ! So, despite the much cajoling SA at the store I had picked up Lotus Nutranite for my night time skin pampering ! Happily I came back home to find this newly launched Lotus WhiteGlow Night Cream waiting in the mailbox ! peecha nehi chorega? eh !
I kinda have a real apathy towards these whitening creams mostly because they leave a white cast on my face and fail to moisturize properly. I hated the Ponds white beauty day cream for that reason.
Anyways, after bit dil dalying I gave this one a try .. and wow it did not make me WHITE !!!!
What Lotus White Glow Night Cream Claims :
Ingredient List :
Price : 375 INR for 60gms
What I Like about Lotus White Glow Night Cream :
- A "Skin Whitening"/ Fairness cream that does not leave a white cast.
- The texture of the cream is lightweight and non greasy .The look and feel is similar to L'oreal hydrafresh all day Aqua Cream (Go to # 11 )
- It gets absorbed pretty fast, yet provides the adequate nourishment expected of a night cream.My skin feels soft and supple when I wake up in the morning!
- Base being of water, light liquid paraffin and glycerine it suits my combination to dry skin and I feel it will be a good buy for even oily skin in winters.
- My skin feels bit cool just after applecation !!
- The cream is White in color and the fragrance is very fresh and light
- You need just a few dots to cover the whole face and thus the product lasts for atleast 2 months with regular use
- Comparing with Lotus Nutranite, I feel the White glow is less greasy and the fragrance too is better
- Affordable and easily available
What I did not Like about Lotus White Glow Night Cream :
- A big grey tub with silver screw cap.A plastic separater lid is included. All is good but don't know why it slips from my hand and I feel its cumbersome for travelling.
- Like all fairness creams, it does not make your complexion lighter or brighter.I have one acne spot on my right cheek and this cream did not reduce it ! (not that i expected any of these.. but for those who are looking for any such benefits.. Sorry!)
- Parabens and other chemicals(preservatives and fragrance) in ingredient list.
My Rating : 4/5
Final Thoughts : I would recommend this as a night cream for oily -normal- combination skin types. Not sure of very dry skin. Even being tagged as a "skin whitening cream" it does not give a white cast.Its definitely a repurchase for me! But its not going to make you fair and etc for the matter.