"Look at yourself ..spending most of the day staring at the laptop screen, surviving on junk food ,stressing unnecessarily , too lazy for DIY skin care ... Wake up girl you are going to be engaged in 3 months and you need to bask in Bridal Glow ! So, you better move your butt from the cozy couch and stop staring at the name .. focus on the ingredients .. " My conscience rebuked.
Me : Keeping the tub aside "I know.. i know Haldi and Chandan do magic to skin (bla bla bla) and is a must ubtan for bride to be's..(bla bla bla ) But I really don't have the time ( patience ) to do all that ! " .. and turned towards my pinterest board
Conscience : Gives angry sarcastic stare (as if I care! huh )
* Creepily Broadband Server Goes Down * DUH !
With no other option I moved my interest to this "Skin Lightening" Tub... hmm, Conscience wasn't lying.. the ingredient list is damn promising !
You wanna see ???
So, I cleaned and washed my face and opened the pack !
No, those yellow "dhabbas" weren't there from before .. you can totally blame it on me ! (and also Auravedic)
Anyways , This is what I found inside ....
Don't gasp ! I took the pictures much later o_O . the tub was filled .
But Well the look isn't impressive at all... it was yuck and reminded me of p**p :O
And there was strong fragrance of Sandalwood everywhere... I was scared that being so thick it might irritate my skin.. but thankfully it didn't .
I applied it all over my face and started watching Pink Panther part I (boy ! I love this movie so much) Oh yes, with this pack sitting on my face I could laugh..it's a non drying face pack ! Yey !!
After 25 mins I decided to wash it off and felt some grains in it mildly scrubbing while I wash my face ! *me happy* Pat dried my face ..Checked Lappy again.. SERVER DOWN :'(
So, i squinted on to the mirror to see some magic ! Wait... what the hell ??? I was yellow like a jaundiced patient :( Thankfully it was night and I prayed and prayed hard that the yellow cast should be gone by morning !
Thankfully by morning it was gone ! I looked good ..my face had a glow.. but I was unsure .. Is it the pack or the sleep?
*INTERNET CONNECTION WAS RESUMED BY NOON*
Since this is fuss free readymade pack, I did what was written .. I used it every night
Today is the 10th day and am here with the review !Before going to the Pros and Cons here's what the company claims
Price - 200 INR for 50gms
What I Liked about Auravedic Ritual Skin Lightening Mask :
- Ready made face pack
- Non drying
- Promising ingredient list
- No parabens or artificial fragrance
- No irritation / burning/ tingling sensation on skin
- On regular use it gave a subtle glow to my skin.
- Strong fragrance of sandalwood , turmeric and other herbs
- The yellow cast does not stay long
- Has mild granules/particles that act as gentle exfoliator while washing
- It slightly lightened that acne spot I have on my right cheek, but not totally gone
What I didn't like about Auravedic Ritual Skin Lightening Mask :
- It stains your clothes if you drop it
- The material can leak from the packaging if kept in slant
- Its a very thick pack and apply an even layer you need a lot of the product. Hence it does not last more than 14days
- Only available online
My Rating - 3.9/5
Final Verdict - For all you lazy bums , here's granny's age old recipe in a jar. But be sure you buy it in large amount.Better if you DIY at home. :)