I know winter is not over yet ... but don't you loooove it , when somebody mentions water ! cucumber ! lemon ! or, for that matter aloe vera ! in hot summer afternoons ??? Well, I kinda start feeling all cool and refreshing ........... never mind . :P
Uses of Aloe vera in skin and hair care are many ( read : here) .But being a lazy bone I am always in search of quick fixes. So honestly I was pretty rejoiced to lay my hands on Auravedic's Pure Aloe Vera Gel.
What Auravedic Pure Aloe Vera Gel Claims ?
Directions of Use :
Apply regularly and generously to skin areas to soothe minor burns, sun burns, cuts, bug bites and stings. Ideal for use as a daily moisturizer, hair styling gel and shaving gel.
- Free of parabens, SLS, Harmful Chemicals & Colors
- Not tested on animals
- Keep out of eyes
- Due to the high concentration of natural extracts, essential oils and floral waters, this product may not be suitable for all skin types.
- For external use only
- Store in cool dry place
Ingredient List :
Aloevera extract, Green Tea, Tea tree oil, Wheat germ oil, Avocado oil, lemon oil, olive oil, pomegranate oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, carbomer, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerine
Price : 225 INR for 100gms
What I Like about Auravedic Pure Aloe Vera Gel :
- It has a transparent gel like consistency
- It is light weight and absolutely non greasy
- Spreads on to skin easily and gets absorbed really fast
- Faint citrusy fragrance ~ kinda lemony
- Soothes skin and gives a cool refreshing feeling
- Best moisturizer for summers / for those with oily-normal skin
- Seems non- comedogenic to me, though it doesn't claim so.
- Impressive ingredient list
- Did not irritate my skin or cause break outs
- Affordable and available online
What I did not Like about Auravedic Pure Aloe Vera Gel :
- It's not suitable for dry skin. I have combination skin and so I need more hydration (specially in winters)
- Bulky and Unhygenic tub packaging
- I haven't used it as a hair gel or shaving gel ..so can't comment. But I feel it would be a good leave in conditioner for hair
- Not sure if it acts on active acne
- Only available online at present
My Rating : 4/5
Final Verdict : If you have oily- normal skin and looking for a lightweight daily moisturizer, this is a really good stuff ! It will be good buy specially in Summers . But if you have dry skin, you can easily give it a pass.
Have an Aloe Vera Plant ?? Click here to read how to extract gel and use it